What is going on here?

A place for website news and happenings.
Lupich
Administrator
Administrator
Has fist bumped: 7 times

What is going on here?

Post by Lupich »

For starters, welcome back to BinaryChaos!

What is going on here?

I'm not really sure either, I decided since I have the domain and the hosting available I may as well throw a website of some sort back up to see if it'll stick. Though now that I'm in my 30's I've begun to accept my habits might not change. I've decided to go back to something comfortable, familiar, and well supported and phpBB was going to be that thing! It's a little tricker for newcomers to use but I'm not exactly worried about that.

What is the purpose of this website and who will even use it?

Over the course of almost 15 years this website has changed in form and usage many, many times. Over that time there have been many hundreds if not a few thousand active users coming here for various reasons. I hosted forums back when forums were cool, tried to create a sense of online community for general banter and a place to share media and images before YouTube and Imgur even existed. I ran a wildly popular Minecraft server that did not fully withstand the test of time but had hundreds of players over the course of about 6 solid years of activity.

It seems like when I do keep the website up, inevitably some people decide to come back. I think that is a really neat thing so that is this sites purpose now.

If you're new here welcome, if you've been here before - Welcome back!