The Introduction Thread

A place for civil banter and chit chat.
Lupich
Administrator
Administrator
Has fist bumped: 12 times

The Introduction Thread

Post by Lupich »

What brings you here? How did you find us? What brought you back? If you're feeling up to it this is the thread for introductions!

If you're on this website, registered, and about to post, chances are you already know me really well. I founded BinaryChaos when I was a mere lad of 16 or 17 years old. This website was intended to reflect the things I liked at that time. Some of which have evolved, some of which changed entirely.

I'm a huge fan of PC gaming, some of my favourite games in no particular order are the Half Life series (most things from Valve actually), DOOM series (even and especially Doom 3!), Ultima 7, Red Dead Redemption(s), Minecraft, Rune, Counter-Strike, Banished, Amnesia, and basically most popular co-operative and simulation games.

I'm probably a bit less of a true nerd compared to what I used to be, but I'm still enough of a nerd to run a website like this and overshare on the internet.
Jeese
Has fist bumped: 1 time

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by Jeese »

I'm Jeese,

I like games, trucks, and guns.

Some things to note about me before reading anything I post:
1) Yes, I know there is an easier way. I'm cheap, deal with it
2) Yes, I know whatever it is is bad for me. I'm cheap, deal with it.
3) Yes, I know there is a safer way. I'm cheap, deal with it.
4) No, I don't care about the fuel mileage as long as I can hear freedom noises and tire chirps. This is why I'm cheap, deal with it.

Glad to be back, hope I can make it awhile before I get banned.
Lupich
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lupich »

Jeese wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 19:16 Glad to be back, hope I can make it awhile before I get banned.
That's the spirit!
punkrawkpunk88

Post by punkrawkpunk88 »

I was looking for a site in my password manager and I saw binarychaos show up and I was like "wow I wonder if that site still exists" and saw that it was recently brought back. Strange timing!
I went to college with Lupich. Long time, no talk.
Also, please setup an SSL cert
Lupich
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lupich »

punkrawkpunk88 wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 22:10 I was looking for a site in my password manager and I saw binarychaos show up and I was like "wow I wonder if that site still exists" and saw that it was recently brought back. Strange timing!
I went to college with Lupich. Long time, no talk.
Also, please setup an SSL cert
Holy SHID! Now that's a blast from the past.

The site is actually setup for SSL if you put https:// in the URL - I guess I need to fix the re-direct thanks for the heads up.
punkrawkpunk88

Post by punkrawkpunk88 »

Ah sorry for not trying to add https manually. I am ashamed that I didn't try that. I had to configure it way too many times on other web servers in the past :p I think the free service of cloudflare would let you easily set that up and some other SSL improvements if you are interested.

We should catch up on steam or discord (I don't think I have you on there though) something sometime! I bet lots changed. And some things have probably not changed at all haha.
Upbeatdown
Has fist bumped: 2 times

Post by Upbeatdown »

It's me again.

The once active and now often lurking Upbeatdown returns to yet another reincarnation of the Binary Chaos Forums. It's a shame that Discord has all but completely wiped out traditional forums like this. I love Discord but it's just not the same.

I'm Upbeat (literally, not figuratively). I'm twenty-four years old now, and I remember back when I was fifteen and fudged my age by a year to get accepted onto a much earlier iteration of BCF.

I like all kinds of video games, a few different tabletop RPGs, and Magic the Gathering (almost exclusively EDH). I'm also a bit of a film buff and a music nerd.

Can't say I'll always be as active as I want to be here. Life keeps me plenty busy at the moment, but I'll check in to share some opinions and sweet tunes when I get the chance.
dot_piranha
Designer
Designer
Has fist bumped: 10 times

Post by dot_piranha »

Hello.

I am fish.

I do code things, design things, business things, and money things. My favourite colour is red!

Secret talent: reducing Lupich rage by 82% with some good ol' CSS fixin'. See how the logo at the top doesn't cut off anymore? I'm helping!!

BCF has a special place in my heart, having been a member even before it was dubbed BCF. 💖

Here is the dog on Hallowe'en BEEing a GOOD BOY:
IMG_0056-2-100pctGOODBOY-1600pxW.jpg
IMG_0056-2-100pctGOODBOY-1600pxW.jpg (599 KiB) Viewed 412 times
jsteele14
Has fist bumped: 1 time

Post by jsteele14 »

Holy wow, I cannot believe the site is BACK! I remember playing among this community on the minecraft server back when I was in high school. I was looking through my bookmarks to clear some out and stumbled across this remembering times where I would click to the site and the domain was gone, or "under construction" until today! Excited to see who returns or some new faces!

I currently play PC games from time to time including, but not only.... League of Legends, Rocket League, Valorant, etc....
Mainly I play on my Playstation and play all sorts of games almost on a daily basis. Even occasionally I stream them!

This whole site and community is a blast to the past and i'm excited!
Lupich
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lupich »

Welcome back! So awesome to see a bunch of familiar faces popping up.

Also your avatar is amazing. :lol: