BinaryChaos.net
Sign in to follow this  
Lupes

Warhammer Fantasy - Skull Pass

So while I was cleaning my storage unit out a few weeks ago I stumbled across a big collection of Warhammer Fantasy stuff I had sort of forgotten about. And now I'm thinking about maybe finally finishing painting my army.

Originally I wanted to get a "starter set" of some sort, and I also wanted to play Dwarf. Luckily for me Battle for Skull Pass exists(ed?) and it came with a starting guide and two armies being the Dwarves and the Orcs and Goblins. I have two sets. I don't have any friends that play it currently so I figured I may as well have two large complete armies to play against each other.

As time went on I gathered a few unique figures and other stuff but I forgot about it at some point and it was collecting dust until now. I remember how therapeutic (and expensive) it was to build and paint these guys so... Money and time permitting I think I'mma do it.

Here are some pics from a looong, loooooooong time ago of my "in progress" army painting, along with my paint booth. I hope I can improve my skills since then.

Anyone else interested in this stuff?

paint chamber.jpg

in progress 1.jpg

in progress 2.jpg

• Like 1

I'm the guy that had soo much warhammer (mostly thanks to my dad working for GW) and loved to file and glue them but fell very short in the painting department so all my armies had the minimum required three colours and I'd mostly just play in tournaments. Couldn't play against pops because he would absolutely decimate me every time and felt no remorse. 

So coincidentally I found this video that a guy uploaded just 3 weeks ago, he happened to have the same dilemma of exactly two sets of Skull Pass! I think I'm going to try his method (and color scheme!) for the goblins!

Obviously this guy is waaay more talented than I am but what a great concept. I hope I can make something passable. I don't have an airbrush so I'll be using rattle can primer.

Not battle for Skull Pass, but same armies/concept. Cool to see it in action.