BinaryChaos.net
Sign in to follow this  
garbagepatrol

How to make money and win friends at DND

This will be a series of linked pages/PDFs/youtube videos that will cover rules and mechanics to help you do better

• Like 1

The first book is everything players will need to make characters, brush up on rules and look up spells, the dungeon masters guide is mostly for the DM's but it can be fun to look at the magic items section to put together a wish list. Volo's guide is just extra weird monsters and some lore about them. And the last one is the regular monster's manual, useful mostly for DMs.

Dungeons_&_Dragons_D&D_5E_5th_Ed_-_Dungeon_Master's_Guide_-_OCR_ToC.pdf

D&D_5E_-_Player's_Handbook.pdf

Volo's Guide to Monsters.pdf

DnD 5e Monsters Manual.pdf ( PDFDrive.com ).pdf

Edited by garbagepatrol
adding more pdfs
  • Like 1

Matt Colville is probably one of the best youtubers for D&D stuff in my humble opinion. His main series is called "Running the Game", where he basically talks about many different aspects of D&D, whether it be mechanics in the game itself, the way a campaign is written or paced out, or the sociology behind players, DMs, their characters, and why they do the things they do. He's got years of experience in tabletop gaming under his belt, and he used to even make tabletop RPGs back in the day. He's good background noise when you're working or playing a game, since you don't really need to pay attention to his face to get the point of the video. 

Just as an example this is my favorite video of his series, really helped me out a lot.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've been giving my players this reference sheet. It's really helpful if you're new to D&D. The German is in meters. 

English

German

There's also this YouTube channel I watch called Davvy Chappy. He makes really good D&D content (Spells and Monster lore). Runesmith also makes content on monsters.

Edited by luke_a_nator