BinaryChaos.net
Sign in to follow this  
dot_piranha

January's Political Debate Topic

Hi.

I would like everyone's political opinion about potatoes.

I'll start.

In my very right wing liberatarianism point of view, I think potatoes, if ever fried, should be double fried. This creates the perfect crunchiness because soggy fries are sad. If you wanted your fries soggy, you may as well not have even bothered putting the potato in the fryer to begin with.

The double fry method ensures the perfect eating texture. It's like the double tap of the culinary world.

Okay, now you say something.

IMG_6125.JPG

• Like 2

I 3x fry my shit, 60 seconds per dip. before the last dip they see a little parm cheese and a pinch of italian seasoning. lightly salted as soon as I remove from the deep fryer.

Gotta have a good gravy, anything with vegetable stock in it can fuck a goat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chiefjeese said:

I 3x fry my shit, 60 seconds per dip. before the last dip they see a little parm cheese and a pinch of italian seasoning. lightly salted as soon as I remove from the deep fryer.

Gotta have a good gravy, anything with vegetable stock in it can fuck a goat.

I think your argument is sound and can hold grease. 👍🏼

• Like 1

I like taking yellow nugget potatoes and poking a hole through them with a pipe about a half inch in diameter. I then roll a tiny sprig of rosemary into a half strip of bacon and push it through the hole. I then bake the flavor nuggets in the oven until the bacon fat has saturated the potato and it's all crispy and golden.

• Like 1

check this out. If you don’t want to fuck around with deep frying any potatoes. But I prefer a boiled until the starch is fully released fry, then in a fryer at 275-300 and then finally fried at 350. This works best with bigger style “steak” frys. 

• Like 2

Can I tell you all how happy I am with this thread?!

What a great debate. Checking it off my list of resolutions, made retroactively.

IMG_6150.JPG

• Like 2