BinaryChaos.net
Lupes

Spawn town plans?

I'm more eager for 1.14 than I thought, it's been so long since I've played I'm getting nostalgic for Minecraft...

I like the concept of something more natural that you drop into, with a short pathway or travel through a cave or whatever that'll eventually lead to a community built spawn area. For one - I think if new players drop into some grandiose structure we've built in a handful of days they won't believe that we did it without cheating. :classic_biggrin:

I also like the idea of a naturally expanding spawn area where everyone can contribute. Here are some random things I'd like to see or will likely be working on when I find myself playing:

• Some sort of rail depot to facilitate a future rail system once we get to that level of "technology" in the game without it being a waste of resources. Always nice to plan ahead so its not some awkward shoehorned in system.
  • We got the usual stuff like a Town Hall, Blacksmith, Warehouse, Farm, Armory, Alchemist, Nether Portal "structure" thinger, and a well.
  • I'd like to see the use of roads and paths a lot more, I'll be building gravel pathways to my builds. Please stockpile it early on and don't throw it away!

Lets plan some stuff regarding the spawn area? Any thoughts or ideas?

I know Xbox has the capability of playing with PC players I have just never tried before. My gaming laptop is awful these days. 

Is that something we could try on this new server so I can join in? 

Edited by Cosverse
Spelling

1 minute ago, Cosverse said:

I know Xbox has the capability of playing with PC players I have just never tried before. My gaming laptop is awful these days. 

Is that something we could try on this new server so I can join in? 

Hmmm I'd have to look into that. Not sure if its just the "Windows 10 Edition" it works with or Java, we're running Minecraft Java which is technically a different version. It's all very confusing. I'll find out.

Minecraft "Windows 10" I believe is the only version with cross platform play.

That being said I'm really interested in the phrase "Once we get that level of technology"
Would it be possible to elaborate on that?

2 minutes ago, 3546546547 said:

That being said I'm really interested in the phrase "Once we get that level of technology"
Would it be possible to elaborate on that? 

Ahh for that I meant like once we have our other affairs in order and I'm not wasting iron and gold and redstone on the non-early game stuff but I do want to plan something so that once we have a good stockpile of materials we can just drop stuff in and get started.

jail/court house, a proper mine, lawn dart arena, archery range, boat ice hockey rink, firework crossbow dueling arena.

Edited by garbagepatrol

There is a lot of animals now, we definitely need to build a zoo aka animal jail.

A zoo would be a cool thing. I would also like a 100x100 section of land for a maze to build for the enjoyment of the denizens.

the maze should change periodically

On 3/10/2019 at 11:39 AM, nap said:

the maze should change periodically

Feeeeel free.

36 minutes ago, Zeriador said:

Feeeeel free.

I'm just gonna add (more) traps to it once in a while.

Posted (edited)

What is this, a labyrinth?

Edited by Zeriador