BinaryChaos.net
Sign in to follow this  
Zeriador

DnD 5E Thread

Running my group through the Mines of Phandelver module.

Halfway through making this: 20190113_180014.jpg?width=558&height=748

I have two groups i'm running right now. One of them is about to go on trial for the murder/poisoning of the town master from lost mines of Phandelver. And the other has just made there way to the Capital city of the empire in a spacey/DnD SpellJammer campaign. Currently two members are about to enter a Colosseum to duel some monster i'm going to have to figure out before next week.

On 1/15/2019 at 12:17 AM, Zeriador said:

I don't know how to delete this quote

On 1/15/2019 at 12:17 AM, Zeriador said:

Running my group through the Mines of Phandelver module.

Halfway through making this: 20190113_180014.jpg?width=558&height=748

Zeriador, this looks amazing, much better than the shit I draw. 

4 hours ago, garbagepatrol said:

I have two groups i'm running right now. One of them is about to go on trial for the murder/poisoning of the town master from lost mines of Phandelver. And the other has just made there way to the Capital city of the empire in a spacey/DnD SpellJammer campaign. Currently two members are about to enter a Colosseum to duel some monster i'm going to have to figure out before next week.

Those pics look sweet, I've never heard of Spelljammers but I've never dabbled in AD&D. Wishing I was playing a space themed campaign. 

That's the problem with moving to a new city, you have no people to role play with 😞

i'm not running 2nd edition, I've just taken the themes, and basic rules for the ships and adapted them to 5e. if you dont have anyone to play with I would love to get in discord with you and see if it would be a good fit for you join our roll20 game. That's the spelljammer one.

Damn, those pics for Spelljammer look awesome!

Yeah it’s a really cool setting. For me it’s an attempt to marry the classic fun tropes of fantasy games with the unpredictable and unorthodox encounters you can have in a sci-fi setting. Which can lead to awesome adventures!

How often and on what days do you do the spelljammer campaign? How long do sessions usually last? I'm very interested but I've never played through the internet and with a baby it's hard sometimes to just have time to myself. That being said, I reeeealy want to be playing D&D again. 

Well we usually play 7-10 or so I’m in CST. I also think it would be fun to start a Binarychaos dnd group. We could play every other week if that would make it easier for everyone to fit it into there schedules.

8 hours ago, garbagepatrol said:

Well we usually play 7-10 or so I’m in CST. I also think it would be fun to start a Binarychaos dnd group. We could play every other week if that would make it easier for everyone to fit it into there schedules.

Central time is one hour behind me so that's fine, I won't have to wait up too late! What day of the week do you play that? Or alternatively, if we do start a binary chaos campaign, Friday and Saturday nights are best for me but Sunday will work too. I've got a character in mind and already mulling over a back story, lol! 

Well it will depend on whether we do a binary chaos one or if you end up jumping into spelljammer. I’d rather do a binarychaos one. But we would need 4 people to play. As far as character ideas. Come up with a few. That way you have options and can use the one you think would fit best into the group. I am very much into the group storytelling aspect of dnd and with that goes no dark mysterious loners/PCs that don’t work well in a group. I look forward to seeing where this all goes.

I'll come up with a few then, classes I haven't been before, to fill in gaps.

• Like 1

GarbagePatrol, would you be apposed to this character? 

Thorbjörn the Barbearian Bearzerker. A multi class druid for bear shape and barbarian for path of the berzerker. I'd need to get him to 4th level druid for the ability to shapeshift into a bear but he'd focus more on Barbarian as his main and starting class. 

Thorbjörn means Thor's Bear, so a back story would likely utilize that etymology. 

that seems super fucking cool to me. I think Zeri might end up running it. But I could totally get behind that kind of character.

• Like 1

I am Zeri, using a mobile account.

Howabout Curse of Strahd? I've been wanting to run it.

Can everyone tell me times which work for them? Evenings are generally better and it seems we're all at most two hours apart. I'm available Wed-Fri nights or Sunday night. I would aim for a 3 hour block. I live in PST and could start at 17:00 so Garby would only be up till 22:00. Cannot do Tuesday or Saturday, at least for the next month and a half.

How is everyone with Roll20? If you haven't made a free account, I'd recommend it. You basically log in, join a game and play through discord or mumble. The module comes with handy battlemaps and icons and other stuff to help players have a tactical overlay.

How would people feel if I recorded the event for personal use? I like listening to DnD stuff to become better as a DM.

Edited by The_Biggest_Rat
more details

13 minutes ago, The_Biggest_Rat said:

Howabout Curse of Strahd? 

Fine by me, I've never played any of the official modules, all my previous DM's and myself had boners for homebrewed stuff.. Probably would be good to see what a campaign is supposed to be like haha! 

I'm EST so 3 hours ahead of PST however, this works perfect for me as when you start at 17:00 that's 20:00 for me which happens to be my sons bedtime. My wife will take him and put him down, conveniently freeing me of fatherly duties. 3 hour sessions means I'd still be going to bed when I usually do at 23:00 so It's actually perfect. And those hours any day of the week are open for me so whatever day it turns out to be will work. 

I've never used Roll20 but am willing to register for a free account to start. As for discord and mumble, I have barely used either, typically being a console gamer, does anybody have suggestions for which to use? Or do we all have to use the same? At the end of the day I'll do whatever it takes to play. I'm also absolutely OK with being recorded.

And finally, are you fine with my character suggestion further up? Or would you prefer I keep it a little more simple? I'm willing to eschew the druid shit and just wear a bear pelt or something lol. 

thursday night is my only availability inside that window, i could maybe get some thing moved around, but i would need a concrete day that works for everyone else. That way I know what I need to move around.

Also just install discord, and if you are not the person running the game you only need a free account, you don't technically need a premium one to run one either, but it helps.

I have a confirmed 3 for Thursday evenings. Myself, and two others.

Because I have not DMed through Roll20, I was considering we do a one off dungeon through it just to get our bearings. Alternatively, CoS has a beginner level which we could do.

1 hour ago, The_Biggest_Rat said:

I have a confirmed 3 for Thursday evenings. Myself, and two others.

If I'm not the third then count me in for Thursday's too! 

It is Thor's day after all! 

And I'm ok with a one off to test things out as I'm unfamiliar with both Roll20 and discord. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The_Biggest_Rat said:

When you are familiar with Discord, add Zeriador#3999 and I can getcha into the group chat.

I'm going to set it all up tomorrow when my wife and the baby are at a baby shower. I'll add you and hopefully set up a character sheet for Thorbjörn. 

42 minutes ago, Lupich said:

v0qow14rzkb21.png

I'd be soooooooo Happy with any of these being true at any point of the game.