BinaryChaos.net
Sign in to follow this  
Zeriador

Do you even exercise?

Despite me being a videogame nerd, I understand the value of working out and exercising for overall health and to fight the black dog that is my depression. I dropped a bunch of money on a 6 person class with a trainer for an hour each day of the week. God help me.

Today was:
Situp and twist with 30lbs x 15
Chest Fly 25lbs x 12
Alternating Barbell Press 35lbs x 15
Arnold Lift w. 30lbs x 10 each arm.
Backwards lunge w. 60lbs x 12
Barbell Fly w. 15 lbs x 12 (even with 15 lbs, I struggled with this one)
Alternating Barbell Row w. 30lbs x 15
Squat w. 135lbs x 8
Side Plank for 30 seconds each side
Barbell Chop w 30 lbs x 12
and two or three other exercises I can't remember.

And then I had to do it over again two more times. Now I'm sitting in front of a crackling fire, sipping on a cup of protein shake as I type this. What do your exercise regimens look like?

• Like 2

Last night was fun.

Renegade rows @ 55lbs x 5.
Backwards lunge @ 70lbs x 5
One arm chest press @ 65 lbs x 5
Face pulls @ 110lbs hold for 5 seconds x 8.
Did this three times.

Then barbell squats, the instructor impressed me when she noticed how I did my squats indicated I had an ankle injury. So we changed my footing to strengthen the muscles through that area. Nice!
Squats went from 135 lbs x 8 to 150lbs x 5, twice, to 170lbs x 5.
Alternated with chinups, which I can't do really. Started with 5, then 4, 3, and finally could only do 1.

Then it was deadlifts. This time, I was unimpressed with myself, as apparently I'd been doing sumo squats this whole time and the entire posterior chain was all, "No, you can't lift 200, lol."
145lbs x 8. 160lbs x 5, twice.
Seriously, my quads and my lats were all, "Please die." I had to hold my legs in to where I normally keep my tum tum and this arched my back so instructor is going to get me some blocks.
Alternated this with kettlebell swings @ 45lbs for 8.

Today, I feel pretty good, though.

• Like 1

Oh man I can take over this thread with posts, and I might spam it a bit more later when I find some time but I'm currently on month 6 off of the gym after going hard for about 3 years with modest results. I've lost some strength for sure and traded some muscle for fat but I did a drop in about 2 months ago and was still able to pull a 315Lb deadlift for reps so I'm sure it'll come back quick. It usually does.

Unfortunately I have a few lingering injuries that I hoped would resolve themselves with some rest and careful treatment but I think I'm beyond that now, wasted time, and should probably go see a doctor for my left hip which I usually either lift around, or just work through the pain.

Once I hash out my schedule and figure out my routine and diet I'll share the Lupes Fitness Plan™ here... Lifting is love, lifting is life. Now we need to get Xlauv up in this bish.

• Like 2

Fuck, I typically don't work out, I'm lazy, it's hard. But I started going home with a guy from work to workout in his basement, it sounds sketchy but after the initial shock of not being raped in his dungeon it actually turned into a good routine. We've only been doing it for a few weeks, every other day. But the tightness in my bod feels nice. I'm just trying to look good for the wife and lose my beer belly, it's slow but hopefully being with friends will give me the determination I've always lacked. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thorbjörn said:

Fuck, I typically don't work out, I'm lazy, it's hard. But I started going home with a guy from work to workout in his basement, it sounds sketchy but after the initial shock of not being raped in his dungeon it actually turned into a good routine. We've only been doing it for a few weeks, every other day. But the tightness in my bod feels nice. I'm just trying to look good for the wife and lose my beer belly, it's slow but hopefully being with friends will give me the determination I've always lacked. 

That's the spirit bud.

I was stubborn at the start, it took me too long to try exercising but I ended up loving it. I kept telling myself that bike rides and push ups were enough but now I know better. What kind of exercise are you doing with this guy? Weights?

EDIT: Dropping my old 5 day/week 2 week split in here because I need to grab it later when I'm home. Lols.

Exercises.PNG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lupich said:

That's the spirit bud.

I was stubborn at the start, it took me too long to try exercising but I ended up loving it. I kept telling myself that bike rides and push ups were enough but now I know better. What kind of exercise are you doing with this guy? Weights?

EDIT: Dropping my old 5 day/week 2 week split in here because I need to grab it later when I'm home. Lols.

Exercises.PNG

I don't even know what half of those thing in your routine are! Haha wow. 

He's just got a very rudimentary set up. One bench with a rack for bench press with 120 pounds to rage on. another "bench", it's really just a slightly curved, over cushioned bench from a boot store for trying on shoes. and a new addition is his brothers incline bench. 

My routine is as follows:

Bench press, 120lbs, 10 - 15 reps, 

Bicep curl, 30 lbs, 10 - 15 reps, 

Lunges, 40 lbs, 20 reps, 

Butterfly, 30 lbs each hand, 10 - 15 reps,

Hammer, 40 lbs, 10 - 15 reps, 

Squats, 40 lbs, 20 reps, 

Dips, 30 lbs, 10 - 15 reps, 

Sit ups incline, 20 reps. 

Then we just do that twice, general my first set is my trying to get to 15 reps and the second I just struggle to get 10. 

It's super ghetto but it's a start, I haven't worked out since doing pilates with my wife when we lived in BC, and Im getting old so there's that.

• Like 1

First day today in 4 months, didn't push it but still felt pretty damned good. Was really easy to get back into it.

Now to see if I can keep up the habit/addiction.

• Like 1

Couldn't find how to edit my old post but these are my numbers so far. All number where are bar or plates are involved are counted by one side and not included bar or machine weight.

Monday-

• Incline dumbbell - 60lbs
  • bench press - 55lbs
  • bench flys - 35lbs
  • cable flys - 45lbs
  • chest press machine (simulate decline press) - 110lbs
  • wide grip dips BW x 10

Tuesday-

• bent over bar row - 45lbs
  • dumbbell row - 55lbs
  • deadlifts - i was doing 2 plate but dropped it to 1 for a while since my calluses were tearing
  • cable row, wide grip - 130lbs
  • bent over cable rows - 110lbs
  • dumbbell shrugs - 25lbs

Thursday-

• legpress - 160lbs
  • squat - 70lbs
  • leg extension machine - 110lbs
  • laydown hammy curl - 45lbs
  • leg curl machine - 90
  • calf raises - 45

Friday -

• dumbbell shoulder press - 35lbs
  • flappies - 15lbs
  • smith machine shoulder press - 30lbs
  • cable behind back flappies - 15
  • rear delt fly machine - 105
  • cuban press with shorty bar - 15

Saturday-

• (T) close grip barbell press - 35lbs
  • (T) cable pulldown - 75lbs
  • (T) Bench dips - 70lbs
  • (T) cable tri extensions - 35lbs
  • bicep curl - 35lbs
  • preacher w/ curve bar - 20lbs
  • cable bicep extensions - 55lbs

Days not listed, Wednesday and Sunday, are rest or catchup days

• Like 3

Today was Endurance Day

Lots of lunges, front to back and side to side.
Supermans, bentover rows, etc.
Buncha cardio which left me feeling pretty beat. But damn, if I can't keep up or outpace the other people in the class now, tho.

• Like 1

Lunge with high knee, 20lbs, 10 reps each side.

Squat with sidekick, 30lbs, 10 times, each side.

8 jabs, 8 uppercuts, 8 hooks, each side.

Speed ball, two uppercuts, 8 times each side.

Rear lunge, 25 lbs, with side kick, 8 times each side.

3 jabs, duck, alternate hook, 8 times each side.

12 kicks to bag, each side.

24 jabs to bag, each side.

Squat with front kick, 30 lbs, 10 each side.

Squat, with alternate side kick and alternate hook, 10 times each side. Do it alllll over again.

I feel dead, encased in a tomb of sweat, but my jawline is coming back, so I have that going for me.

Edited by Zeriador
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeriador said:

but my jawline is coming back

Ahhh the wonders of not drinking eh?

Also I've been going consistently every second day. Still having to hold myself back because I can do the bulk of the core strength exercises no problem, but all the little muscles that help stabilize and keep me safe need to re-grow a bit before I start pushing any significant weight again. :classic_sleep:

• Like 2

My workout BFF changed our routine up, going to the gym 6/7 days now and new workouts, can't wait for them DOMs. ill post my weights after this week.

I'm still considering take boxing or kickboxing on my off day but that would interfere with wing wednesday

Edited by Xlauv