BinaryChaos.net
Sign in to follow this  
Zeriador

Fixing Zeri's vehicles.

I have two vehicles, a 2007 Ford Ranger POS and a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee POS.

There are a couple things wrong with each of them, each outside of my scope of comfort to do entirely by myself.

The Ranger:
-Need to call ICBC and have the back canopy windshield replaced after a breakin a few months ago.
-Need to identify and fix whatever has been causing a coolant leak and white fumes entering the cabin if I rev the engine too hard for too long. (Probably a heater core issue, but I noticed a black liquid dripping out of the firewall into the engine bay so maybe a hose is loose too?)
-Need to fix the back handle for the tailgate.

After that, I'm going to try and sell it again. I will try to keep you posted.

The Jeep:
-Burns oil, previous owner suggests it's the head gasket. I've been watching this teardown to better familiarize myself and I've been reading the Haynes manual. Unfortunately, it's in a storage I can't access whenever I want, so once the Ranger is gone, I'll shift it down to replace it.

Here's to better days!

Try some coolant system leak repair additive shit, fix that shit up temporarily, slap a pick and pull tailgate handle on it and sell it off. Take your time and money saved and put it into the jeep.

Pick up a complete gasket kit for the jeep along with any performance gaskets you may want such as a metal head gasket, grab some head studs and all the required cleaning, anti-seizing and locktite you need and slap it together.

If you intend to perform any sort of internal performance work later down the road, I'd say save up and do it all at once and pull the bottom end at the same time.

You can also pick up a new handle that will last longer on amazon. Most are prime as well so get em fast. Save you time and effort going through trucks at a wreckers. It's a really weak part and probably have a rough time finding one that's not broken or just about to break. For the $10 for a new one its worth it. 

I demand updates and pics or it didn't happen.

I'mma make an ATV thread soon.

I put it all back together today, but she ain't starting. There's electrical going through the hazards, but the ignition isn't doing anything.