BinaryChaos.net
Sign in to follow this  
garbagepatrol

Getting new people on the minecraft server/ renting a server.

Just looking for input from you guys, I've talked to Lupes and Zeri about it. I think there is interest in trying to get a more public minecraft server going again. After the last few weeks of playing on the one Jeese has been hosting I have really wanted to look into getting other internet strangers to join us. If anyone has input or opinions let's hear it.

Yeah, I'm down for this. I understand some people don't like Discord, but you (Garby) and I can host a Discord server for wider appeal.

I'm down to start a for-real for-keeps public vanilla Minecraft server again as a project if multiple people are willing to help with administration this time.

I'm talking a planned server "release" date with a whitelist and some light advertising/invites. There would be more planning involved if we're actually up for it but it would be pretty easy.

11 minutes ago, Lupich said:

I'm down to start a for-real for-keeps public vanilla Minecraft server again as a project if multiple people are willing to help with administration this time.

I'm talking a planned server "release" date with a whitelist and some light advertising/invites. There would be more planning involved if we're actually up for it but it would be pretty easy.

I'd be down, the one I host for a few of us has a few real nice builds. That combined with the texture/shader combo we've been running if we had a population to enjoy the builds it would be great.

That's not what I meant and you know it you slut.

An established server isn't going to engage new players especially without a playerbase and it'll be out-dated. Have to plan and advertise for a new release on a major update in the future.

I'm not saying import the map you shitlord, I'm saying that I'd be willing to rebuild if there were people to enjoy the builds. I may have worded it poorly, doesn't change the fact that you can suck a nut.

• Like 1

True, but fuck you anyways.

Also we would need a Discord server to keep up with the hip youth of this day and age. It will be hard to get people to use the website in the first place but anyone that would I'd consider a dedicated/regular member.

yeah the discord nonsense is inevitable. Is Minecraft vanilla the hill we want to die on though? plenty of options out there, 7 days to die currently has my attention, many variants of FTB out there. What caliber of nerd are we looking to aquire?

• Like 1

I'd be down for a 7 Days server. Not sure how that would work to leave it up all the time but the game has had some major updates I want to check out. 

• Like 1

Can download 7 Days dedicated server in the steam tools section, but I don't have an extra computer laying around.