BinaryChaos.net
Sign in to follow this  
Lupes

Server Direction

The server has been running great, and we have a really great community going so far. So great in fact that it seems our current server description doesn't really match. We are building together, cities and settlements are popping up. Infrastructure is being built and there is basically no conflict between players.

Hell, our most active kingdoms form the biggest alliance on the server and even though everyone is geared up to kick ass... There is no conflict. And that is awesome! To date I've whitelisted over 80 players and only ever had to ban 2. I think at this point we need to (ironically) strip away the kingdoms and politics related stuff from our server rules and overall goal and instead continue on our current path of larger community oriented builds with zero tolerance for griefing.

tl;dr - Re-brand server as a Community oriented Survival SMP rather than a Politics/Faction/Kingdom/PvP server?

What say ye?

Not that I have that much of a presence anyways...

But if that's the way she goes I think I'll have to turn away. Politics and what comes of it were what drew me to this server.
And personally I just don't like generic survival with others, just feels weird. (Basically boiling down to, the work feels more rewarding when it's me alone who does it.)

So, all in all, the community decides what they do. But if war, politics, nations, and all the like become something seen within the same group as "Minecraft Roleplay" that is to say, generally looked down upon. I'll have to make my leave more permanent.

Still, all the more power to you guys if you decide to go that route.

~5/8 of the active playerbase are Deltans
~3/4 of the active playerbase are citizens of SSA member states

Is there really any politicking going on? We can still have the politics-lite we have with an SMP flavor, and SMP does not mean "I build a town for you".

Yeah there is basically no politicking or RP going on, those that joined the server for this purpose have been waiting for it to happen but without them it won't happen anyways. I'm okay with "politics-lite" that's basically what we have going on now. Any shit disturbers are generally dealt with server wide rather than by nation.

I don't know what you meant by this though?

and SMP does not mean "I build a town for you".

I think "Kingdoms" and "Nations" are a bit too big of scope for our small server. I like that guilds and alliances have formed naturally and that's more what I like. I guess forcing the old rule set on a non-developed server kind of sent the wrong message as I'd much prefer things to grow organically rather than forcing stuff.

That was in response to

On 7/30/2019 at 3:57 PM, 3546546547 said:

the work feels more rewarding when it's me alone who does it

We can have SMP where we all have our own towns and settlements. I think that's the best way to have SMP.

• Like 1

I'm on board with the change, the server pop isn't really high enough right now to warrant that any more. Plus kingdoms was always more of a series of rules to help prevent all out chaos which we have had none of so far.

I have updated the server description thread:

Lemme know what you guys think!

• Like 1

I'm late to this topic and I've only been on the sever for like 3 days but... I prefer the server to have different factions with different ideologies so there is at least a little political tension. Sorry about the horrible English... 

On 8/30/2019 at 8:17 AM, luke_a_nator said:

I'm late to this topic and I've only been on the sever for like 3 days but... I prefer the server to have different factions with different ideologies so there is at least a little political tension. Sorry about the horrible English... 

Your English is great!

I think that tension comes naturally and there is no need to force it but the server has been pretty dead lately thanks to the launch of WoW Classic. I think most of us will be addicted to that for a few months unfortunately.