BinaryChaos.net
Sign in to follow this  
Lupes

Minecraft Data Packs

A thread to discuss Minecraft Data Packs in relation to the BCF Minecraft server!

The data pack system provides a way for players to further customize their Minecraft experience. Data packs can be used to override or add new advancements, functions, loot tables, structures, recipes and tags without any code modification.

While some data packs can drastically change the game, other provide tasteful updates to vanilla experience without the need for client side mods (Meaning the player connecting to their server doesn't need to do anything to their MC install).

Current Data Packs on BinaryChaos:

• Multiplayer Sleep - Allows one player to use a bed and skip to morning.
  • Anti Creeper-Grief - Basically disables Creepers, screw'em.
  • Ender Dragon Drops Elytra - Self explanitory, figured it would make Elytra economy sustainable yet challenging.
  • Shulkers Drop 2 Shells - Basically the same reasoning as above.

If you think you know of a data pack that would help improve the vanilla Minecraft experience this is the place to bring it to the community!

8 hours ago, Zeriador said:

Treecapitator.

Discuss.

I like this idea. It will eliminate the potential eyesore floating wood/leaves create while adding more realism to the game. It has nothing to do with the fact that I need to farm a bunch of dark wood for an upcoming build. Nothing at all. 

I like the Treecapitator but I'll need to take a backup first before we try it. I've heard it can do some harm to buildings that have trees touching them, in all the right places

How about the datapack that lets you crawl, without the need for the hatch "trick" to go prone? 

I don't know if I'd use it unless I needed to, but it might be cool for old ruins you need to explore.

Auto-Plant Saplings

Saplings would replant themselves after 30 seconds on the ground

Shulkermites

If an endermite is sitting on a purpur block, rather than despawn (after two minutes) they will "burrow in" and become a shulker.