BinaryChaos.net

I'm thinking it's about that time that we sit down and seriously visit some server lore and world-building stuff that can help people get into RP, and nation building a bit more. We already have a few staples such as the deity known as Palma, Hoops the spider, etc. but there are two major things I would like to "standardize" so to speak so I can write some more immersive stories and such.

• We need an official name for the entire world/realm that we live in.
  • Spawn town/settlement/territory needs it's own name as well.

I think when these two things are set we can immerse ourselves easier as well as set the theme for new players.

But don't feel that this thread is limited to these two things! If you and your friends have any inside jokes/lore surrounding your Minecraft builds, settlements, etc then please add-on! You can keep things as mysterious or as detailed as you would like.

Anyways, regarding my two points above the cool thing is that a name of spawn could also be a name for a realm so just throw out all your cool sounding names! Here are some ones I quickly thought of that have zero significance.

• Novus (or Novawood, like in our previous servers.)
  • Initium ("Start" in Latin)
  • Libertas ("Freedom" in Latin)
  • Singula ("Individual" in Latin)
  • Civitas ("Community" in Latin)
  • Grockwel (I think it sounds silly and I like it.)
  • Silva ("Forest" in Latin)

Or we could be lazy as fuck and use this... https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/fantasy-town-names.php

• Like 1

I suggest that Old Spawn be named Grenton, a heritage site which shares the border with Libertatium, pronounced Lib-er-tat-ee-um.

I still say that the name for the spawn towns should be either Stadt starten, or Laichdorf. (Both variations of start/spawn town.)

But Grenton is such a Chad of a name I'd have to agree with that as well.

• Like 1

Pls, no Latin. So generic and overused! 

'The Realm' has a nice ring to it. The same as what people irl referred to as 'The World'. No specification of what or who, just 'it'. The whole thing. Whatever nation or settlement, it is all part of 'The Realm'. Very vague, very inclusive. Also, has a fantasy touch to it. 

Spawn? Why not Realmstad. The stad (city) of the realm. Has a rich, powerful ring to it

3 minutes ago, 3546546547 said:

I still say that the name for the spawn towns should be either Stadt starten, or Laichdorf. (Both variations of start/spawn town.)

But Grenton is such a Chad of a name I'd have to agree with that as well.

German inspired, like that. Too obvious, I recommend to look up some old Dutch/Diets/German. Old Norwegian is also awesome for fantasy names. 

Midstad, Mydstad, Midburgh,... City/Castle in the middle

We've been calling it Bailedonn

Another suggestion from Carolus was "Realmstad" which has a nice ring to it I think.

• Like 1